Work Address: School of Medicine
1. Revealing the formation mechanism of chemical hazards (e.g., acrylamide, heterocyclic amine, etc.) during thermal and non-thermol food processing.
2. Studying the major factors influencing the specific recognition of antibody and successful design of the optimal hapten structure by spatial overlap and advanced multivariate statistical analyses.
3. Developing various immunoassays (e.g., enzyme-linked immunoassay, colloidal gold-labeled immunoassay, quantum dot-labeled and upconversion fluorescence-labeled immunoassay, immunoaffinity column, and bionic antibody-based enzyme-linked immunoassay).
4. Developing accurate detection techniques based upon the combination of enrichment and separation materials (e.g., multi-wall carbon nanotube, molecular imprinted polymers, metal-frame materials, etc.) with various detection methods, such as inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry, (surface enhanced) Raman spectroscopy, and graphene-based electrochemical and optical sensors.
Ph.D., University of Sydney, School of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, concentration in Biotechnology, 1999
M.S., University of Sydney, School of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, concentration in Biotechnology, 1994
B.S., Nankai University, Department of Environment Science, major in Environmental Biology, 1991
2017-Current, Distinguished Professor, Nankai University
2003-2017, Distinguished Professor, Tianjin University of Science and Technology
2001-2003, Research Fellow, University of Sydney, Australian Federal Institute of Science and Industry
1999-2001, Post-doc, University of Sydney, Australian Federal Institute of Science and Industry
1991-1992, Assistant Researcher, Tianjin Institute of Environmental Science and Protection
Selected Publications (*corresponding author, #first author)
1. Tianlin Wang, Qingsong Mei, Zhanhui Tao, Haotian Wu, Minyang Zhao, Shuo Wang*, Yaqing Liu*. A smartphone-integrated ratiometric fluorescence sensing platform for visual and quantitative point-of-care testing of tetracycline. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2020, 148: 111791.
2. Chunyang Li, Jingmin Liu, Zhihao Wang, Shiwen Lv, Ning Zhao, Shuo Wang*. Integration of Fe3O4@UiO-66-NH2@MON core-shell structured adsorbents for specific preconcentration and sensitive determination of aflatoxins against complex sample matrix. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2020, 384: 121348.
3. Shiwen Lv, Jingmin Liu, Chunyang Li, Ningzhao, Zhihao Wang, Shuo Wang*. Two novel MOFs@COFs hybrid-based photocatalytic platforms coupling with sulfate radical-involved advanced oxidation processes for enhanced degradation of bisphenol A. Chemosphere, 2020, 243: 125378.
4. Xia Gao, Haotian Wu, Zhe Hao, Xiangyi Ji, Xiaodong Lin, Shuo Wang*, Yaqing Liu*. A multifunctional plasmonic chip for bacteria capture, imaging, detection, and in situ elimination for wound therapy. Nanoscale, 2020, 12(11), 6489-6497.
5. Shiwen Lv, Jingmin Liu, Ning Zhao, Chunyang Li, Zhihao Wang, Shuo Wang*. Benzothiadiazole functionalized Co-doped MIL-53-NH2 with electron deficient units for enhanced photocatalytic degradation of bisphenol A and ofloxacin under visible light. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2020(387): 122011.
6. Jinhui Zhang, Zeping Shao, Yaozhong Hu, Bing Liu, Yan Zhang, Shuo Wang*. Formation of a creatinine thermal degradation product and its role and participation in the radical pathway of form*ing the pyridine ring of 2-amino1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP). Food Chemistry, 2020, 312: 126083.
7. Yi Liu, Chen Chao, Jinglin Yu, Shuo Wang*, Shujun Wang*, Les Copeland. New insights into starch gelatinization by high pressure: Comparison with heat-gelatinization. Food Chemistry, 2020, 38: 126493.
8. Chen Chao, Shiqing Huang, Jinglin Yu, Les Copeland, Shuo Wang*, Shujun Wang*. Molecular mechanisms underlying the formation of starch-lipid complexes during simulated food processing: A dynamic structural analysis. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2020, 244: 116464.
9. Ying Gu, Junping Wang*, Mingfei Pan, Shijie Li, Guozhen Fang, Shuo Wang*. Label-free impedimetric immunosensor based on one-step co-electrodeposited poly-(pyrrole-co- pyrrole-1-propionic acid) and reduced graphene oxide polymer modifed layer for the determination of melamine. Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical, 2019, 283, 571-578.
10. Ying Gu, Junping Wang*, Haipeng Shi, Mingfei Pan, Bing Liu, Guozhen Fang, Shuo Wang*. Electrochemiluminescence sensor based on upconversion nanoparticles and oligoaniline-crosslinked gold nanoparticles imprinting recognition sites for the determination of dopamine. Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 2019, 128, 129-136.
11. Dai Cheng*, Xinyu Zhang, Jinlei Tang, Yu Kong, Xuerui Wang, Shuo Wang*. Chlorogenic acid protects against aluminum toxicity via MAPK/Akt signaling pathway in murine RAW264.7 macrophages. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, 2019, 190, 113-120.
12. Yunfei Li, Ziying Zhang, Zhanhui Tao, Xiao Gao, Shuo Wang*, Yaqing Liu*. A Asp/Ce nanotube-based colorimetric nanosensor for H2O2-free and enzyme-free detection of cysteine. Talanta, 2019, 196, 556-562.
13. Xia Liu, Kui Lu, JinglinYu, LesCopeland, ShujunWang, Shuo Wang*. Effect of purple yam flour substitution for wheat flour on in vitro starch digestibility of wheat bread. Food Chemistry, 2019, 284, 118-124.
14. Yi Liu, JinglinYu, Les Copeland, ShuoWang*, ShujunWang*. Gelatinization behavior of starch: Reflecting beyond the endotherm measured by differential scanning calorimetry. Food Chemistry, 2019, 284, 53-59.
15. Xiaodong Lin,Yuan Fang, Zhanhui Tao,Xia Gao, Tianlin Wang, Minyang Zhao, Shuo Wang*, Yaqing Liu*. Tumor-microenvironment-induced all-in-one nanoplatform for multimodal imaging-guided chemical and photothermal therapy of cancer. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2019, 11(28), 25043-25053.
16. Jinwei Wang, Fei Ren, Hongjie Huang, Yanhua Wang, Les Copeland, ShuoWang*, ShujunWang*. Effect of CaCl2 pre-treatment on the succinylation of potato starch. Food Chemistry, 2019, 288, 291-296.
17. Bin Niu, Chen Chao, Jingjing Cai, Yizhe Yan, Les Copeland, Shuo Wang*, Shujun Wang*. The effect of NaCl on the formation of starch-lipid complexes. Food Chemistry, 2019, 299: 125133.
18. JingMin Liu, Ning Zhao, ZhiHao Wang, ShiWen Lv, ChunYang Li, Shuo Wang*. In-taken labeling and in vivo tracing foodborne probiotics via DNA-encapsulated persistent luminescence nanoprobe assisted autofluorescence-free bioimaging. Journal of Agricultural & Food Chemistry, 2019, 67(1), 514-519.
19. Zhonghui Han, Jianxin Gao, Jiaqi Li, Yan Zhang*, Yanan Yang, Shuo Wang*. Mitigation of 3-deoxyglucosone and 5-hydroxymethylfurfural in brown fermented milk via an alternative browning process based on the hydrolysis of endogenous lactose. Food & Function, 2019, 10 (4), 2022-2029.
20. Shiwen Lv, Jingmin Liu, Zhihao Wang, Hui Ma, Chunyang Li, Ning Zhao, Shuo Wang*. Recent advances on porous organic frameworks for the adsorptive removal of hazardous materials. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2019, 80, 169-185.
21. Shiwen Lv, Jingmin Liu, Hui Ma, Zhihao Wang, Chunyang Li, Ning Zhao, Shuo Wang*. Simultaneous adsorption of methyl orange and methylene blue from aqueous solution using amino functionalized Zr-based MOFs. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2019, 282, 179-187.
22. Hui Ma, Bowei Zhang, Yaozhong Hu, Jin Wang, Jingmin Liu, Renbing Qin, Shiwen Lv, Shuo Wang*. Correlation analysis of intestinal redox state with the gut microbiota reveals the positive intervention of tea polyphenols on hyperlipidemia in high fat diet fed mice. Journal of Agricultural & Food Chemistry, 2019, 67(26), 7325-7335.
23. Jiaqi Shi, Zeping Shao, Honglei Li, Yan Zhang*, Shuo Wang*. Co-extraction and co-purification coupled with HPLC-DAD for simultaneous detection of acrylamide and 5-hydroxymethyl-2-furfural in thermally processed foods. Molecules, 2019, 24(20), 3734.
24. Zhihao Wang, Jingmin Liu, Chunyang Li, Di Wang, Huan Lv, Shiwen Lv, Ning Zhao, Hui Ma, Shuo Wang*. Bacterial biofilm bioinspired persistent luminescence nanoparticles with gut-oriented drug delivery for colorectal cancer imaging and chemotherapy. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2019, 11(40), 36409-36419.
25. Shiwen Lv, Jingmin Liu, Chunyang Li, Ning Zhao, Zhihao Wang, Shuo Wang*. A novel and universal metal-organic frameworks sensing platform for selective detection and efficient removal of heavy metal ions. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2019, 375: 122111.
26. Xiaolei Zhao, Junying Wang, Junping Wang*, Shuo Wang*. Development of water-compatible molecularly imprinted solid-phaseextraction coupled with high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for the detection of sixsulfonamides in animal-derived foods.Journal of Chromatography A, 2018, 1574, 9-17.
27. Ying Gu, Junping Wang*, Mingfei Pan, Yaguang Yun, Wenjun Wen, Guozhen Fang, Shuo Wang*. On-chip multiplex electrochemical immunosensor based on disposable 24-site fluidic micro-array screen printing analytical device for multi-component quantitative analysis. Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical, 2018, 260, 499–507.
28. Ting Guo, Xiaodong Lin, Yaqing Liu,* Jiankang Deng, Pengcheng Qian, Yanlong Lyu, Ziying Zhang, ShuoWang*. Target-induced DNA machine amplification strategy for high sensitive and selective detection of biotoxin. Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical, 2018, 262, 619-624.
29. Peng Guo, Jinglin Yu, Les Copland, Shuo Wang*, Shujun Wang*. Mechanisms of starch gelatinization during heating of wheat flour and its effect on in vitro starch digestibility. Food Hydrocolloids, 2018, 82, 370-378.
30. Tianlin Wang, Zhanhui Tao, Yanlong Lyu, Pengcheng Qian, Yunfei Li, Xiaodong Lin, Shuo Wang*, Yaqing Liu*. A reusable ratiometric fluorescent biosensor with simple operation for cysteine detection in biological sample. Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical, 2018, 277, 415-422.
31. Xiaodong Lin, Yaqing Liu*, Jiankang Deng, Yanlong Lyu, Pengcheng Qian, Yunfei Li, Shuo Wang*. Multiple advanced logic gates made of DNA-Ag nanocluster and the application for intelligent detection of pathogenic bacterial genes. Chemical Science, 2018, 9, 1774-1781.
32. Yaqian Shang, Chen Chao, Jinglin Yu, Les Copeland, Shuo Wang*, Shujun Wang*. Starch spherulites prepared by a combination of enzymatic and acid hydrolysis of normal corn starch. Journal of Agricultural & Food Chemistry, 2018, 66, 6357-6363.
33. Jingmin Liu, Yaxi Hu, Yukun Yang, Huilin Liu, Guozhen Fang, Xiaonan Lu*, Shuo Wang*. Emerging functional nanomaterials for the detection of food contaminants. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 2018, 71, 94-106.
34. Jingmin Liu, Zhihao Wang, Hui Ma, Shuo Wang*. Probing and quantifying the food-borne pathogens and toxins: From in vitro to in vivo.Journal of Agricultural & Food Chemistry, 2018, 66, 1061-1066.
35. Jingmin Liu, Xingzhi Wang, Chaoyue Zhao, Jiali Hao, Guozhen Fang, Shuo Wang*. Fabrication of porous covalent organic frameworks as selective and advanced adsorbents for the on-line preconcentration of trace elements against the complex sample matrix. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2018, 344, 220-229.
36. Jingmin Liu, Dongdong Zhang, Guozhen Fang, Shuo Wang*. Erythrocyte membrane bioinspired near-infrared persistent luminescence nanocarriers for in vivo long-circulating bioimaging and drug delivery. Biomaterials, 2018, 165, 39-47.
37. Jingmin Liu, Jiali Hao, Xinyue Yuan, Huilin Liu, Guozhen Fang, Shuo Wang*. Spherical covalent organic frameworks as advanced adsorbents for preconcentration and separation of phenolic endocrine disruptors, followed by high performance liquid chromatography. RSC Advances, 2018, 8, 26880-26887.
38. Zhi Li, Wei Sheng, Qi Liu, Shijie Li, Yingjie Shi, Yan Zhang, Shuo Wang*. Development of a gold nanoparticles enhanced enzyme linked immunosorbent assay based on monoclonal antibodies for the detection of fumonisin B1, B2, and B3 in maize. Analytical Methods, 2018, 10(28), 3506-3513.
39. Jingmin Liu, Xinyue Yuan, Huilin Liu, Dai Cheng, Shuo Wang*. Fabrication of an activatable hybrid persistent luminescence nanoprobe for background-free bioimaging-guided investigation of food-borne aflatoxin in vivo. RSC Advances, 2018, 8, 28414-28420.
40. Dai Cheng, Jinlei Tang, Xuerui Wang, Xinyu Zhang, Shuo Wang*. Effect of aluminum (Al) speciation on erythrocytic antioxidant defense process: Correlations between lipid membrane peroxidation and morphological characteristics. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 2018, 157, 201-206.
41. Rui Xue, Jinsong Feng, Lina Ma, Chunrong Liu, Ming Xian, Michael E. Konkel, Shuo Wang*, Xiaonan Lu*. Whole transcriptome sequencing analysis of the synergistic antimicrobial effect of metal oxide nanoparticles and ajoene on campylobacter jejuni. Frontiers in Microbiology, 2018, 9, 2074.
42. Ze Chen, Xing Meng, Shuo Wang*, Jin Wang, Jingmin Liu, Rui Xue, Hui Ma, Heng Dong*, Hongbing Yu, PEDOT:PSS-MWCNTs modified carbon black-based gas diffusion electrodes for improved performance of in-situ electrocatalytic flue gas desulfurization. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2018, 200, 1087-1099.
43. Yaoyao Liu, Jingmin Liu, Dongdong Zhang, Kun Ge, Peihua Wang, Huilin Liu, Guozhen Fang*, Shuo Wang*. Persistent luminescence nanophosphor involved near-infrared optical bioimaging for investigation of foodborne probiotics biodistribution in vivo: A proof-of-concept study. Journal of Agricultural & Food Chemistry, 2017, 65, 8229−8240.
1. Research on the formation and blocking methods of HCAs-liked Hazardous Substances in Fired and Barbecue Food, National Key Research and Development Program, 2018.01-2021.12.
2. Research on the modification effect and mechanism research of α-dioxide-based compounds on wheat gluten during food heat processing, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2018.01-2021.12.
3. Research on complex interaction between protein and lipid in heat processing and mechanism behind health risks induced by its products, National Natural Science Foundation of China (Key Program), 2021.01-2025.12.